Jacob has extensive experience in the profession with more than 11 years at Big Four firms, including significant knowledge in tax and advisory services in the areas of accounting for income tax, federal tax (C Corporations, S Corporations and Partnerships), international tax, state and local tax, method changes and mergers and acquisitions.
Jacob also has wide-ranging industry experience within both financial services and manufacturing and distribution. Clients have included: Large to mid-size banks, mortgage lending companies, investment management companies, special purpose entities such as REITs and REMICs, original equipment manufacturers for the automotive industry, medical device and part manufacturers, and an environmental remediation manufacturer.
He has led corporate trainings for his clients’ tax and finance departments in the areas of ASC 740 and consolidated tax returns. In addition to those trainings, Jacob has taught courses for national training including ASC 740, consolidated tax returns, and various other topics.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- M.B.A., Indiana University
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
Civic and Community Activities
- Leadership Charlotte, Member of Class 41
- Smart Start of Mecklenburg County, Former Board Member and Treasurer