- Entertainment and Sports Specialty Group Leader
Mike serves as the leader of the firm’s entertainment and family office/business management practice, which is based in Nashville, Tennessee. Mike works primarily with privately owned businesses and individuals in providing tax planning and compliance, investment analysis, asset valuation and business management/family office services. Mike has significant experience with complex tax transactions, estate planning, design of accounting systems and many other issues that present challenges for high-net-worth clients. He collaborates with his clients’ lawyers, bankers and other advisors to solve the unique needs of his clients. Mike and his staff oversee the preparation of more than 130 general ledgers/financials each month for clients across a broad spectrum of businesses.
Within the area of family office, Mike provides services that include insurance analysis (life, health, property & casualty, etc.), estate planning, budget analysis, financial statement overview, income forecast and collection, bill paying and investment analysis. An alumnus of Nashville’s Leadership Music Program, Mike consistently makes Nashville Post’s “InCharge” listing recognizing him as “the premier music accountant,” because of his leadership and knowledge of the industry.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- B.S., Accounting & Business Administration, Middle Tennessee State University
Civic and Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Nashville Songwriters Foundation
- Past Board Member, Country Music Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants