Executive Management asked Elliott Davis to help answer: “Is my electronic protected health information (ePHI) safe from cybercriminals and others that steal healthcare data?”
- The organization serves patients through its network of hospitals, clinics, and surgical centers.
- Needed to mitigate risks associated with creating, maintaining, transmitting, storing, and securing electronic protected health information.
- HIPAA Security Rule Risk Analysis
- Cybersecurity Center for Internet Security (“CIS”) Top 20 Assessment
- External Vulnerability Scan/Penetration Testing
- Social Engineering Assessment
- Met legal requirements
- Received HIPAA Security Rule Risk road map for each of its entities to efficiently and effectively begin to mitigate risk exposure
- Gained understanding of cybersecurity exposure through assessment and established plan and framework to remediate identified gaps
- Identified how to protect areas an attacker might exploit to gain access to environment
We Can Help
For more information on this and other topics, contact a member of our team.
The information provided in this communication is of a general nature and should not be considered professional advice. You should not act upon the information provided without obtaining specific professional advice. The information above is subject to change.