Josh serves as the Specialty Group Leader for the firm’s Financial Services Practice. In this role, Josh is responsible for leading the firm’s audit, tax, advisory and consulting service offerings to the firm’s financial services customers.
As advisor to both public and private entities, including banks, mortgage companies and trust companies, Josh assists customers with external audits, internal control over financial reporting engagements (Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA) and internal audit engagements. Josh has a depth of experience working with financial institutions that encompasses SEC reporting, including initial public offerings and secondary offerings; accounting for mergers and acquisitions, including FDIC-assisted transactions; and model validations, including validations of Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) models.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fiduciary and Investment Risk Specialist
- M.S., Accounting, North Carolina State University
- B.S., Accounting, North Carolina State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Virginia Association of Community Banks
Civic and Community Activities
- Past Member of Board of Directors, Me Fine Foundation
- Past Advisory Board Member, Bankers’ Affinity Group