Josh serves as the Specialty Group Leader for the firm’s Financial Services Group. In this role, he leads the firm’s financial services audit, tax, advisory, and consulting teams, as well as oversees their related service offerings. He previously served as the leader of the Raleigh office’s audit and assurance practice.
Josh’s customers include both public and private banks, mortgage companies and trust companies. He assists these customers with financial statement audits, internal control over financial reporting audits (Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA), and internal audit engagements. Josh has experience working with financial institutions on SEC reporting, including public offerings and secondary offerings; denovo bank formation; and the accounting for mergers and acquisitions.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fiduciary and Investment Risk Specialist
- M.S., Accounting, North Carolina State University
- B.S., Accounting, North Carolina State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Virginia Association of Community Banks
Civic and Community Activities
- Past Member of Board of Directors, Me Fine Foundation
- Past Advisory Board Member, Bankers’ Affinity Group