J.D. serves as chair of the firm’s Tax Methods and Credit Services Practice. The practice is comprised of highly skilled specialists across the firm who provide strategic solutions to taxpayers in an effort to increase current and future cash flows. In order to accomplish this goal the team works collaboratively with clients to effectively leverage certain advantageous tax credit and deduction opportunities. Specific areas of focus include cost segregation, research and development tax credits, fixed asset reviews and tangible property regulation assistance.
J.D. has assisted clients both public and private across a variety of industries with annual revenues ranging from $10M to $115B. In addition to his work at Elliott Davis he is frequently invited to lecture at industry forums throughout the country on a variety of fixed asset and research and development related topics. J.D. works closely with clients in the manufacturing, retail, hospitality, multi-family, automotive, medical and financial sectors.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Cost Segregation Professional, CSP
- Virginia Class A. Builder, BLD
- B.A., Economics/Business, Randolph-Macon College
Civic and Community Activities
- Member, Greenville PULSE
- Member, United Way Young Philanthropists
- Member, United Way Palmetto Society
- Participant, Opportunity Greenville 2015
- American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants