With more than 20 years of experience, Bev focuses on serving financial institutions, insurance companies, and SEC registrants. She provides both public and private clients a wide range of services, including tax planning and compliance, ASC 740 and SSAP 101 tax provision consulting, federal and state audit examinations assistance, mergers and acquisitions tax planning, and Sec. 382 change-in-control and 280G golden parachute studies. Bev’s customers have ranged in size from de novos to $16 billion in total assets.
Bev’s experience also includes 12 years in private industry at a $5.4 billion bank holding company and property/casualty insurance company. She was responsible for federal/state tax compliance, tax accounting/reporting, 1099 information reporting, executive compensation and deferred compensation tax reporting, sales and use tax compliance, federal and state audit examinations, and escheat reporting.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter
- B.S., Business Administration/Accounting and Mathematics, magna cum laude, University of Mary Washington
- Bank Tax Institute, annually
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Georgia Bankers Association Tax Advisory Committee
Civic and Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Midlands Housing Alliance – Transitions
- Member, United Way of the Midlands’ Women in Philanthropy