On-Demand | 2 hours
In this video replay of the First Quarter Elliott Davis Financial Services Update Webinar on April 8, 2021, we discuss the latest updates affecting the financial services industry. Topics covered include:
- The operational risks related to mortgage banking and related topics to include derivatives and mortgage servicing rights.
- Specific procedures that need to be performed in advance of required audits of internal control over financial reporting.
- The appropriate methods and accounting requirements for valuing impaired loans and real estate acquired in foreclosures.
- Regulatory requirements related to FDICIA for banks crossing $500 million and $1 billion thresholds.
- Key exposures related to the LIBOR phase-out and transition strategies that are appropriate for your institution.
- The Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard and next steps for implementation.
The presentation slides can be viewed here and the Financial Services Quarterly Report is also available.
For more information on these and other topics related to Financial Services, contact a member of our team.
The information provided in this communication is of a general nature and should not be considered professional advice. You should not act upon the information provided without obtaining specific professional advice. The information above is subject to change. No CPE credit will be issued for viewing the forum replay.