Renee serves as the Chattanooga Office Leader and has more than 27 years of experience in public accounting in both assurance and taxation. She leads the Chattanooga audit practice and the firm’s Investment Company Specialty Practice. She practices primarily in the area of financial statement audits under both U.S. and international audit and accounting standards.
Within the firm’s Investment Companies Practice, Renee serves domestic and international funds. She advises and assists many clients in successfully maintaining compliance with the complex rules and disclosure requirements of the fair-value accounting standards.
Renee has more than a decade of experience serving clients in the healthcare industry. She works with one of the nation’s largest long-term care chains comprising more than 250 nursing, assisted and independent-living facilities, as well as six other independently owned facilities.
Renee also has experience assisting captive insurance companies and has served captives and captive managers ranging in size from $100,000 to over $500 million in total assets.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- IFRS Certification (ACCA)
- B.S., Accounting, cum laude, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Civic and Community Activities
- Executive Leadership Team, American Heart Association, Circle of Red
- Finance and Audit Committee, Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga
- Leadership Chattanooga, Class of 2000
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- “Captive Insurance Continues to Grow in Value for Healthcare Providers,”
- Healthcare Risk Management Review, 2014