With nearly 20 years of Assurance experience in a variety of industries, Tom serves as the firm’s Quality Control Director for Assurance Services. As Quality Control Director, his overall focus is the design and maintenance of quality control policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the applicable professional standards, regulatory requirements, and the firm’s quality control standards. Tom’s specific quality control duties include the development and dissemination of the firm’s accounting, auditing and ethical standards, administration of the firm’s Peer Review and internal inspection activities, monitoring independence compliance, communication and consultation on technical, quality control, and other risk issues, establishing criteria and monitoring client acceptance, retention, and assisting with the development and administration of the firm’s risk management policies and procedures.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- B.S., Business Administration, University of South Carolina
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants Chair, Technical Standards Committee, 2005-2007; Committee Member, 2001-2008
- South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Former Member, AICPA Standard Setting Panel for Nonprofit & Governmental portion of CPA Exam