Phil has spent over nine years advising businesses on payroll, compensation, and benefits matters. He has served customers in numerous industries, including technology, oil and gas, financial services, and health care. Phil is experienced in a variety of employment tax areas, including fringe benefits, information returns, payroll wage code and process reviews, remote worker considerations, executive compensation, qualified plans, employee status determination, state income tax withholding, and state unemployment insurance.
Prior to joining Elliott Davis, Phil was a tax manager in the employment tax practice of a Big Four accounting firm. He also worked as a compensation manager for a leading international retailer.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Arizona
- Master of Taxation, W.P. Carey School of Business
- BS, Accounting, Central Washington University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Payroll Association