Bergin is a licensed attorney with extensive experience in tax law, planning, consulting, and transaction services. As the firm’s National Tax Practice Leader and member of the International Tax Strategic Leadership team, he serves as a strategic thought-leader, firm-wide resource, and subject matter expert. Bergin’s experience includes consulting and advisory services for strategic customers, private equity, and closely-held businesses. Bergin works across all industries, utilizing his legal and consulting background to advise customers of all types and sizes on issues of domestic and cross-border restructuring, acquisitions, credits and incentives, spin-offs and other divestitures, and other specialty projects. Bergin is also the firm’s pioneering ESG Capability Leader.
Prior to Elliott Davis, he served as in-house counsel to a global non-profit in the higher education industry and with 2 global Big-Four firms.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- LLM in Tax Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois at Chicago Law School
- BA, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission
- Charleston Promise Neighborhood, Board Finance Committee
- American Bar Association