Last Updated February 6, 2020
Like all providers of personal financial services, we are required by law to inform clients of our policies regarding privacy of their information. As more fully described below, we collect nonpublic personal information about you that you provide or that we obtain with your authorization. We use this information to perform financial services, such as your income tax preparation. We collect sensitive personal information as required by law. We may obtain information from you in face-to-face interviews, in telephone communications, from your application, or via other electronic means.
This privacy notice discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how you may correct or change the information we have, whether we acquire that information electronically or in other ways. Please note that some of our websites are subject to separate privacy notices. We encourage you to always check the privacy notice on each website you visit to be sure you understand the privacy notice governing that site. Please read the complete Online Privacy Notice below, as well as our Terms and Conditions of Use, and contact us if you have any questions.
When you use, access, or visit our online sites, respond to electronic communications that we send to you, or click on our online media, you consent to our online privacy practices applicable to consumers who interact with, visit or use our online services.
What We Collect
We collect various types of information from and about you. This includes:
- Personal Information. Some information that may be identifiable as yours (your “Personal Information”) is not gathered automatically. If you wish to provide Personal Information, you must do so voluntarily, and you may do so in a number of different ways. The following are some types of Personal Information gathered:
- Contact Information. When you contact us via this site, you are asked for certain Personal Information, such as your name, address, city, state, zipcode, phone number, email and reason for contact.
- Elliott Davis DIRECT. When you contact us through this link via this site, we collect name, email address, company name, phone number, incident location (city and state), your relationship to Elliott Davis, identity of person(s) involved in the incident, description of the incident, and supporting documents of the incident.
- Email Information. When you send us email messages, we may retain the content along with your email address and our response to you.
- Information obtained through conversations, face-to-face interviews, telephone, applications, or electronically. This may include, but not be limited to, date of birth, social security number, tax status, yearly income and expense, bank account information, and various legal and financial documents that would help us provide services requested by you.
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored by the user’s web browser on the hard drive of the user’s computer. Cookies “remember” what information (“Cookie Information”) the user accessed. Cookies that are used by our website do not capture any personally identifying information. By changing security settings on your browser you may disable cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to properly display all web pages on this site.
- Opting Out. You have the option to not disclose personal information. If you choose not to provide personal information requested by Elliott Davis, some services may be limited.
- Usage and Disclosure. Elliott Davis may disclose any of your information when legally compelled to do so, or when we, in good faith, believe the law requires it.
How We Use What We Collect
We may use personal information that you share with us to:
- Provide you with services, respond to your requests, and meet our obligations to you;
- Share information with you;
- Provide you with updates, marketing communications, advertising, or offers for services;
- Verify your identity, prevent fraud, and protect your personal information;
- Personalize your web-based interactions with Elliott Davis;
- Manage your preferences
How We Share Information
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to any third parties except as permitted by law or required by the Code of Professional Ethics and Ethics Rulings of the American Institute of CPAs. Permitted disclosures include, for example, providing information to our employees, Elliott Davis-related entities, and in limited situations, to unrelated third parties that need to know the information to assist us in problem resolution or providing services to you.
We retain records relating to professional services that we provide in order to better assist you with your needs and, in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. To guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that comply with our professional standards.
If you do not agree to this Notice, you should not use this website or provide personal information. We may modify this Notice from time to time and post those modifications here. Your continued use of this site after any such modification constitutes your acceptance of the modified Notice.
Use of Customer Information
If you are a customer, we may use contact data to send you information about Elliott Davis, LLC or our products or services, or promotional material, or to contact you when necessary. We may use your financial data to verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services.
Children’s Online Privacy
Our services are not intended to be accessed by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from or send unsolicited promotions to children under 13 years of age without parental consent.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Links To Other Sites
If you access links to other sites, you should review their privacy policies/notices and other terms and conditions. Elliott Davis is not responsible for and makes no representations regarding the privacy or security of other sites.
Visitors Who Reside Outside the United States
When you interact with, view or use the online services of Elliott Davis, information about you and/or the devices capable of performing computing functions or storing information that you use may be collected, used, transferred to, from or within the United States. The laws of the United States may not provide the same protections available in your country of residence.
Changing Personal Information
You may change your personal information maintained by Elliott Davis by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by faxing or mailing your request to:
Elliott Davis, LLC
P.O. Box 6286
Greenville, SC 29601
There may be a fee for reviewing or changing personal information maintained by Elliott Davis.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the URL of the website and/or name of the publication involved in your request.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
P.O. Box 6286
Greenville, SC 29601
Or you can fax us at (864) – 232 -7161, Att: Privacy Coordinator
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. If we make changes, we will change the “Last Updated” date when we post the revised Notice. Changes will become effective when posted on the Site, and use of the Site following such revisions shall constitute acceptance of the revised Notice.