At Elliott Davis, our State and Local Tax practice is comprised of dedicated professionals from diverse backgrounds, including a variety of industries, state tax agencies and multinational accounting firms. We work closely with businesses to ensure compliance and mitigate exposures in regards to sales and use taxes.
As part of this strategy, Elliott Davis has teamed with two sales and use tax software industry leaders to offer turnkey solutions for businesses that might be looking to outsource some or all of their internal sales and use tax compliance functions. Our services include assistance with selecting and implementing sales tax calculation software, analyzing nexus and filing requirements, preparing applicable state sales tax registrations, and preparing and filing electronic sales and use tax returns. Companies that collaborate with Elliott Davis can realize efficiencies and economies of scale by utilizing our trained sales tax professionals.
Our sales tax compliance and consulting services include:
• Assisting with the selection and implementation of sales tax calculation software.
• Identifying and monitoring the states in which the business has established nexus for sales taxes.
• Coordinating sales tax registrations for new states and localities.
• Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual sales tax returns.
• Maintaining a sales tax return filing calendar.
• Developing a process for accruing and reporting use taxes for business locations.
• Helping with the collection and maintenance of exemption and resale certificates.
• Researching and determining the taxability of products and services.
• Resolving sales tax notices and inquiries from state tax agencies.
• Improving and streamlining the current sales and use tax process for the business.