The current employment tax landscape presents businesses with numerous challenges at the Federal, state, and local levels. Recent changes in Federal and state payroll tax provisions and a national increase in remote workers have caused many businesses to ask new questions and re-evaluate their historical employment tax compliance methodologies. Due to the significance of these changes, as well as increased enforcement by tax authorities, it is essential that employers consider ways to improve tax strategy and compliance with respect to their payroll, compensation, and benefits functions.
At Elliott Davis, the employment tax specialists on our State and Local Tax team can help your business navigate the complexities of payroll, compensation, and benefits taxation.
Our experience with employers of all sizes across a multitude of industries allows us to provide custom employment tax solutions specifically tailored to the needs of your business.
Please note that Elliott Davis does not provide payroll compliance services. However, we have partnered with several firms and can provide referrals as needed.
Here’s how we can help
• Determining state income tax withholding & unemployment insurance obligations for employees that work in multiple states
• Federal, state, and local payroll tax and/or unemployment account registrations
• Assessing effectiveness of payroll processes and evaluating related employment tax compliance risk
• Analyzing Federal and state tax treatment of fringe benefits provided to employees
• Reviewing payroll earning and deduction codes to identify potential compliance gaps
• Verifying information return reporting requirements for employee wage and tax amounts
• Providing guidance regarding taxation of employee benefit plans
• Amended payroll tax filings to claim the Employee Retention Credit
• Resolving employment tax Notices issued by Federal and state tax authorities
• Assistance with Federal and state employment tax audits