Tom has more than 25 years of extensive, high quality operational experience in industries including: Aerospace & Defense, Distribution, Financial Services, and Public Utilities. He has held senior leadership roles such as VP of Business Optimization, Chief Information Officer, and VP of Operations. He possesses a deep understanding of business operations and how to identify opportunities for profit maximization. Tom is highly adept at implementing and creating business focused technology programs and strategies. He possesses an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies and their commercial applications to deliver business solutions leveraging people, processes, and technology. Tom also brings more than 15 years of experience operating and leading in “Top places to work” organizations.
Tom is also an adjunct faculty member at both Clemson University (School of Business, MBA program) and Syracuse University (nationally ranked School of Information Studies). He has graduate level practices in Project, Program & Portfolio Management, and Strategic Management. Tom presents at numerous national and regional events, and serves on various industry working groups.
Prior to joining Elliott Davis, Tom was the Chief Information Officer and VP of Business Optimization of a $1B+ distribution company.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- M.B.A., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S., Information Systems, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Professional Affiliations – Past & present
- Upstate SC Alliance – Global Competitiveness Council
- Board of Trustees – Make-A-Wish foundation of CNY
- Board of Advisors – LeMoyne College – Information Management program
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Advisory Board Member – Syracuse University Center for Business Information Technologies (CBIT)
- Advisor to the Board of Directors – Project Management Institute – Syracuse Chapter