With over 15 years of experience in public accounting, Mike’s experience includes working with financial institutions ranging in size from $80 million to more than $7 billion in assets. His external audit experience includes both private and public institutions, including SOX 404 and FDICIA requirements.
Mike’s internal audit experience includes private and public institutions, including assisting in determining and setting up key controls for SOX 404 and FDICIA requirements. He also specializes in data analytics, interest rate risk and liquidity risk management, credit administration, and loan/credit reviews. Mike’s loan review experience includes experience at institutions ranging from $80 million to nearly $10 billion in assets. His experience includes both external loan reviews and loan reviews completed during external financial statement audits, giving him a diverse perspective.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- BAI Loan Review and Credit Analysis Certification Program
- M.S.A., Accounting, Eastern Michigan University
- B.S., Accounting and Mathematics, Adrian College
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Tennessee Bankers Association
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Virginia Association of Community Banks
- Association of Credit Union Internal Auditors (ACUIA)
- National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- Risk Management Association (RMA)
- Institute of Internal Audit (IIA)