Karl has more than 35 years of experience in tax, auditing and corporate finance consulting services. He provides services to financial institutions, private investment partnerships, alternative investment groups, hedge funds, broker/dealers, real estate companies, captive insurance, investment companies, family offices and high-net-worth individuals.
Karl’s family office operations services include merger and acquisition consultation, financial planning and estate considerations. He also assists clients with investment partnerships, including initial setup, accounting systems and procedures consultations, regulatory assistance and other related management planning and consultation. He has actively worked with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Resolution Trust Corporation in closing numerous financial institutions, as well as with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other governmental regulatory authorities. He is a recognized national speaker, leading seminars and discussion groups on investment fund formations, fund operations and regulatory issues.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Master of Business Administration, University of Tennessee System
- A.S., Accounting, Chowan College
- B.S., Accounting, East Tennessee State University
Civic and Community Activities
- Grant Committee, Hedge Funds Cares Southeast
- Chairman, Board of Accountancy, East Tennessee State University College of Business & Technology
- Treasurer, Peach State PETS (President Elect Training Seminar)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants