John focuses on providing tax services to companies with multi-state and international operations in the manufacturing and distribution, service, and technology sectors. He has worked extensively with Private Equity and other investment/financing groups in structuring deals and providing tax optimization strategies to portfolio companies. With more than 23 years of experience, he has worked extensively in the areas of corporate and pass-through entity tax compliance, and has significant experience in the preparation and analysis of income tax provisions and other ASC Topic 740 reporting matters. John assists customers with complex tax reporting and planning in areas such as state and local taxation, economic incentives, consolidated filings, and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, he has experience in representing customers before the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Master of Accountancy with Tax Specialization, University of Georgia
- B.S., Business Administration and Accounting, magna cum laude, Presbyterian College
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, The Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- United Way, Palmetto Society
- Former Member, Greenville Downtown Symphony Club
- Alumnus, Leadership Greenville, Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Past Treasurer and Executive Committee Member, Habitat for Humanity, Greenville Co.
- Greenville Best & Brightest Under 35, Class of 2006
- “Selling Firm a Tricky Issue”, Charlotte Business Journal
- “The New Health Care Bill: How It Impacts You and Your Business”, SC Chamber of Commerce Seminar
- “Business Tax Update”, SC Manufacturers Alliance Manufacturing Matters Seminar
- “Manufacturing Niche Roundtable”, Manufacturing Services Association Conference