Ira has more than 10 years of experience providing consulting services to physician practices, hospitals and other healthcare entities, specializing in strategic planning, physician compensation, practice operations, analytics and HIPAA.
Ira offers his clients a breadth of technical knowledge and experience in the areas of physician compensation, practice operations and analytics. Related to physician compensation, Ira regularly works with clients in the development of compensation formulas, addressing STARK concerns within compensation formulas, fair market valuations and works with his team to provide clients with compensation calculations services.
Ira supports clients with HIPAA compliance services related to HIPAA’s Security Rule in performing security rule assessments and assisting entities with operational implementation of HIPAA’s Privacy and Security Rules.
Prior to joining Elliott Davis in 2006, Ira served as the practice administrator for a multi-physician primary care practice in S.C., where he successfully integrated an electronic health record system in 2001. The practice was named a Better Performing Practice by Medical Group Management Association in both 2000 and 2005 for physician productivity and cost containment. Ira’s current physician practice clients benefit from the insights he brings to bear from his experience as a practice administrator and his unique understanding of the regulatory and operational pressures physician practices face.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- M.B.A, Clemson University
- B.S., Financial Management, Clemson University
- Member, Medical Group Managers Association (MGMA)
- Board of Directors, The South Carolina Baptist Ministry of Aging
Numerous professional speaking engagements to audiences including the South Carolina Medical Association, South Carolina Healthcare Managers Association, Allscripts and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Topics have focused on:
- Regaining Control of Your Practice
- Benchmarking Your Billing Department
- Operational Budgeting
- Staff Hiring and Evaluation Issues
- Managing Change in a Medical Practice
- Dealing with Stress in Medical Practices
- Development of Financial Projections for Governmental Guaranteed Loans