Chris has more than 15 years of experience providing audit and consulting services for financial institutions. Prior to joining Elliott Davis in 2009, Chris was employed as the Controller of American Founders Bank, a mid-sized community bank headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. Chris’ prior experience in public accounting was with BKD, LLP in Louisville, Kentucky and Dean, Dorton & Ford PSC in Lexington, Kentucky.
Chris’ primary focus in public accounting has been in providing services for financial institutions, including external audit, internal audit, regulatory compliance, Bank Secrecy Act reviews, external loan reviews, and other consulting services. His client base has included both public and privately-owned financial institutions ranging in size from $80 million to over $5 billion in total assets. Chris also has assisted clients with mergers and acquisitions, branch purchases and sales, and capital raises.
Chris serves as the Leader of the Audit & Assurance Practice for the Charlotte office.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- B.S., Accounting, University of Kentucky
- B.B.A., Finance, University of Kentucky
- General School of Banking, Kentucky Bankers Association
- Regulatory Compliance School, North Carolina Bankers Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountant
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Virginia Association of Community Banks
Civic and Community Activities
- Accounting Advisory Board, University of Kentucky
- Past Board Chair, Charlotte Steeplechase Foundation/Charlotte Queen’s Cup