As Chief Operating Officer, Catherine manages the firm’s legal, information technology, human resource, marketing, strategy and innovation, and operational support functions. In her role, she promotes the efficient operation and strategic growth of Elliott Davis’ capabilities. Catherine has more than 22 years of legal and corporate leadership experience. She joined Elliott Davis in 2013 as General Counsel and Corporate Strategies Officer. Catherine performed two years of public service from June 2015 – August 2017, serving as Director of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, one of the state’s largest agencies with 3,400 employees and an annual budget of $600 million.
Prior to joining Elliott Davis in 2013, Catherine served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary to American Transmission Company, an electric transmission utility based in Wisconsin. For 11 years prior to that, Catherine was with Duke Energy Corporation, serving in various capacities to her last role with the company as president of their South Carolina operations.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Harvard University, The Kennedy School of Government, State Health Official Leadership Program
- Furman University, The Riley Institute, Diversity Leaders Initiative
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Advanced Management Program
- University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler School of Business, Duke Energy Strategic Leadership Program
- The Ohio State University School of Law, J.D. (Associate Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal)
- University of South Carolina, B.A. with Honors, International Studies, magna cum laude
State Bar Admissions: South Carolina, North Carolina (inactive), New York, Georgia (inactive) and Ohio (inactive)
Civic and Community Activities
- Vice Chairperson, University of South Carolina Honor’s College Partnership Board
- Member, Anderson University Board of Regents
- Finance Committee, Buncombe Street United Methodist Church