With more than 15 years of corporate tax experience working in both industry and public accounting, Ben provides a unique perspective for his clients and is able to communicate the complex nature and implications of the U.S. tax law in a client-specific and relevant manner, while understanding that tax is often one of many variables in strategic business decisions.
Ben currently serves as a member of the Elliott Davis manufacturing & distribution team and tax transaction services team to meet client day-to-day tax compliance issues, as well as the complex issues facing clients such as tax technical consulting and structuring.
Prior to joining Elliott Davis, Ben spent nine years working in Big Four serving large corporate clients, as well as large foreign private equity funds.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant (VA and NC)
- B.S., Accountancy, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Corporations & Shareholders Taxation Technical Resource Panel
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
Civic and Community Activities
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Durham Central Market
- Accounting Advisory Board, Durham Technical Community College