With more than 25 years of experience in the fields of business valuation and economic damages, Brent provides valuation, litigation support, and transaction advisory services to companies in a variety of industries. His experience includes valuation services related to buy-sell agreements, employee stock ownership plans, estate and gift tax matters, fairness opinions, financial statement reporting, marital dissolutions, mergers and acquisitions and shareholder disputes. Brent specializes in the appraisal of equity securities, debt instruments and derivatives. He also serves as an expert witness in disputes regarding business valuation and economic damages in state and federal courts.
Brent is a noted presenter and speaker on the subjects of business valuation and economic damages. His speaking credits include presentations before the Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA), the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics
- B.A., cum laude, Economics, Vanderbilt University
Civic and Community Activities
- Board Member, Estate Planning Council of Chattanooga
- American Society of Appraisers
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts