Leaders of a firm asked Elliott Davis: “Can you help us implement an inventory management system which links to our Warehouse Management Software?”
- Premier event rental company located in Northeast U.S.
- Expanded warehouse and inventory capacity to meet growing demand and relieve space constraints of current facility
- Lack of sufficient inventory processes in place. No defined SKU locations, bin labeling, or pick routes
- Assessed current inventory capacity, designed layout for additional racking, and supported vendor selection for new racking
- Created bin labeling system and ensured integration with existing warehouse management software (WMS)
- Analyzed historical demand data to create ABC analysis for SKU prioritization
- Designed inventory management system based on SKU demand and quantity and integrated with warehouse management software (WMS) to optimize pick paths
- Comprehensive inventory management system:
- Bin labeling system implemented
- SKUs assigned to bin locations and integrated with WMS
- Pick sheets updated to show optimized pick routes
We Can Help
For more information on how Elliott Davis can assist you and your business, contact a member of our team.
The information provided in this communication is of a general nature and should not be considered professional advice. You should not act upon the information provided without obtaining specific professional advice. The information above is subject to change.