Management asked Elliott Davis: “We are spending too much time manually entering data vs. completing the analysis we need to identify our financial results. Can you help us build a dashboard reporting tool?”
- Software developer that provides solutions to optimize prescription healthcare
- Goal: Maximize patient engagement with their healthcare
- Over 750 employees
- Manual, monthly financial data entry
- Timeline: One week to complete entries
- File contains multiple circular references and dependencies that added unnecessary time and complexity to month-end closing process
Experienced Microsoft™ Power BI® and automation consultants created a dashboard report with financial statements, key performance indicators (KPIs), and executive level dashboards.
The approach included:
- Collaborated with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to build a structured MS Excel® file that met data management and automation requirements
- Created dashboards for high-level, immediate review in areas of executive concern
- Developed interactive dashboards that track and slice through data to offer insights to operations in financial and personnel KPIs
- Standardized report visuals enable quick Power BI refreshes saving time to focus on analysis of the numbers/results
- Decreased report creation time from multiple weeks to less than one week
- Increased report creation abilities
- Provided stakeholders actionable insights to areas of concern and allow management to constantly overview performance
We Can Help
For more information on how Elliott Davis can assist you and your business, contact a member of our team.
The information provided in this communication is of a general nature and should not be considered professional advice. You should not act upon the information provided without obtaining specific professional advice. The information above is subject to change.