- This event has passed.
2018 Tennessee Banking Forum
August 28 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$75
We have combined our Risk Management and Community Banking Forum so that we can provide up-to-date information on accounting, risk management, tax reform, the economy and other industry hot topics. The forum is designed for a variety of community banking professionals including CEOs, CFOs, internal auditors, compliance officers, and audit committee members, among others.
Timely and informative, the forums will provide you with answers and insights into today’s financial industry. Understanding banking industry trends and major financial issues and the resulting accounting and regulatory implications are vital to your bank’s success. At Elliott Davis, we strive to educate financial institutions on opportunities that a changing world brings by providing analysis and perspective.
Banks continue to face increased scrutiny and pressure to perform at a higher level of operating effectiveness and efficiency. Even in the midst of these increasing demands, Internal Auditors, Risk Officers and Compliance Officers are challenged with auditing and monitoring the Bank’s operational, reporting and compliance risks, often times with limited resources. In addition, management teams and banks are trying to stay ahead of the competition and differentiate themselves from the pack. We hope you can join us to learn more about updates and trends impacting your organization.
- Gain an understanding of a practical approach to implementing CECL
- Recognize the “right” kind of risk for banks to take
- Identify potential areas for balance sheet realignment
- Understand issues facing community banks
- Identify regulatory compliance hot topics and strategies
- Consider the latest concerns around privacy and cybersecurity
- Recognize best practices for managing your third-party loan review relationship
- Consider roundtable views from internal auditors/compliance officers on issues their banks are facing
- Discover regulators top areas of focus and concern
- Network with peers to discuss how others address the challenges of community banking
- Summarize financial reporting and tax hot topics
Note: Topics may vary slightly by location
- Registration fee: Includes workshop materials, breakfast and lunch.
- CPE Credits: Credit hours will vary depending on location. Estimated to be 7 accounting CPE credit hours.
- Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group live
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of accounting issues related to the banking industry.
- Advanced Preparation: None
Questions or Concerns
Registration cancellation and refunds may be requested up to one week prior to the event. Contact email@example.com for refund request; any concerns may be submitted to Kelley Pettus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elliott Davis is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.