Trustees Board asked Elliott Davis to help answer: “How can we reduce our risk and exposure as it relates to cybersecurity across each of our campuses and the Office of the President?”
University Office of President requested a holistic view of the entire university cybersecurity posture (six independent campuses and the President’s office). They expressed a desire to have reports feed current university heat map management report.
- Profiled current state of technical and business/management capabilities
- Leveraged weighted and scoring methodology of CIS Critical Security Controls framework
- Delivered heat map based on algorithm of weighted categories by importance and maturity across all campuses
- Provided Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to track risk mitigation activities and remediating security gaps
- Identified areas that can be jointly addressed with system-wide solutions
- Identified areas of risk that could lead to exposure
- Suggested remediation steps of security gaps to protect all campuses and Office of the President
- Enabled leveraging of one report (heat map) to monitor possible areas of risk on a regular basis
- Developed understanding of current cyber risks associated with cyber-attacks, data breaches, and other internal and external threats
We Can Help
For more information on this and other topics, contact a member of our team.
The information provided in this communication is of a general nature and should not be considered professional advice. You should not act upon the information provided without obtaining specific professional advice. The information above is subject to change.