Renee Ford, CPA
Renee has over 25 years’ experience in public accounting in both assurance and taxation. She is a member of the Elliott Davis Decosimo Executive Committee and serves as the firm's Investment Company Specialty Practice Group leader. She practices primarily in the area of financial statement audits under both U.S. and international audit and accounting standards with emphasis on healthcare, investment entities and captive insurance.
Renee holds a certification in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and as part of the firm’s Investment Companies Practice, she serves domestic and international funds. She has advised and assisted many clients in successfully transitioning and maintaining compliance with the complex rules and disclosure requirements of the fair-value accounting standards. Renee is a frequent speaker on accounting and advisory topics impacting hedge funds and alternative investment advisors at seminars hosted by Financial Research Associates LLC in New York.
Renee has over a decade of experience serving clients in the healthcare industry. She works with one of the nation’s largest long-term care chains comprising more than 250 nursing, assisted and independent-living facilities, as well as six other independently owned facilities.
Renee also has experience assisting captive insurance companies and has served captives and captive managers ranging in size from $100,000 to over $500 million in total assets.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- B.S., Accounting, cum laude, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- “Captive Insurance Continues to Grow in Value for Healthcare Providers,”
- Healthcare Risk Management Review, 2014
Civic and Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Chattanooga, Class of 2000
- Chattanooga Ronald McDonald House, Volunteer Hall of Fame Inductee