Melissa Johnson, CPA, CVA, MAFF
Melissa specializes in litigation support for domestic matters and business valuation services. Her services include the preparation of financial declarations, alimony, child support and pension calculations, tracing projects, marital standard of living analysis and calculations of income and cash flow. She also performs business valuations for a variety of purposes, including marital dissolution, estate and gift taxes, and commercial and shareholder disputes. In addition to being a CPA licensed in South Carolina, Melissa received the designation of Certified Valuation Analyst in 2002 and Master Analyst in Financial Forensics in 2010. She has testified on numerous occasions as an expert witness for the family courts and on issues regarding business valuations and business matters.
Melissa also provides litigation support services for commercial and family law disputes. Her experience includes reviewing and analyzing accounting records, tax returns and other financial data and models. She prepares economic damage calculations and business valuations related to estates and gifts, shareholder disputes, and the family courts. She also prepares marital balance sheets and monthly expense schedules; analyze tax effects of asset distributions and alimony/child support arrangements. She has testified on numerous occasions as an expert witness for the family courts and on issues regarding business valuations and business matters.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics
- Master of Accountancy, College of Charleston
- B.S., Marketing, Southern Illinois University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- The Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section ‘Business Valuation in Divorce’ Presenter Methods of Business Valuation – April 2012
- The Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section ‘Malpractice Busters” Presenter Tips from Tax & Business Valuation Expert – July 2011
- Minding Your Family Owned & Managed Business; Copyright 2007 by Enterprise Network Worldwide, Chapter 26 “Divorce and the Small-Business Owner”