Lee E. Haynes, CPA
Lee has more than 20 years of combined experience in public accounting and accounting/management positions in publicly held companies. He has participated in the audits of larger entities, including multinational and multistate operations. Lee concentrates his time in the financial services industry serving both publicly traded as well as privately held community banks located in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
In addition to financial services expertise, Lee has extensive experience with preparation of consolidated financial statements, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. This experience is complemented by Lee’s experience with engagements involving internal controls within an organization. Lee works on audits of the design and effectiveness of internal controls of service organizations under SSAE 16 (formerly SAS 70) SOC1 Type 1 and Type 2 engagements as well as AT101 SOC2 Type 1 and Type 2 engagements and has also overseen audits of internal control over financial reporting as required by Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA for audit clients as well as assisted in the design, documentation and implementation of internal control programs for non-audit clients.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant (NC License #31416)
- B.A, Accounting, Furman University
- National Banking School, McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- South Carolina Bankers Association
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Independent Bankers Association of South Carolina
- Georgia Bankers Association