Justin A. Boyd, CFA, ASA
*Not a Certified Public Accountant
Justin provides business valuation consulting services to clients worldwide. For more than 10 years he has performed valuation services for public companies, closely-held businesses, investment funds, real estate holding entities, business interests, derivatives, debentures and intangible assets for a variety of purposes. He has extensive experience in performing valuations under the fair value (ASC 820) and fair market value (Rev. Rul. 59-60) concepts used for financial and tax reporting, respectively.
Justin specializes in the valuation analyses related to fair value (ASC 820), acquisition accounting (ASC 805), indefinite-lived intangibles (ASC 350) and stock-based compensation (ASC 718 / IRC Section 409A) as well as complex financial modeling. Justin is experienced in valuation techniques that include but are not limited to Discounted Cash Flow, Capitalization of Earnings, Greenfield, Monte Carlo Simulation, Black-Scholes, Binomial Lattice, The Option Pricing Model and Probability Weighted Expected Return Method.
Justin leads the Firm’s Transfer Pricing International Services practice specializing in issues related to intangible assets, arms-length pricing, comparable company and transaction benchmarking, profit-split and profit margin analyses under IRC Section 482. He has experience related to rates of return, valuation of debentures, analyzing management fees, normalizing adjustments and intercompany transactions.
He has performed consulting services in the transportation, retail, automotive, financial institutions (including FDIC-assisted transactions with Loss Share), mortgage, SBA lending, government, education, technology, energy, business services, health care, cable, manufacturing and distribution industries.
Prior to joining Elliot Davis Decosimo Justin was an Assistant Vice President at a large, multi-national bank where he participated in the Bank’s North American Leadership and Executive Training and Development Programs.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Obtained Certification in Financial and Valuation Modeling offered by Wall Street Prep.
- Certified Anti-money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) - Inactive
- Guest Lecturer at the University of South Carolina’s Darla Moore School of Business
- B.S., Business Administration and Psychology, State University of New York at Brockport
- American Society of Appraisers
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) - Charlotte Chapter
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) - Non-CPA Associate
- Board Member, Brookstone Schools
- Board Member, Classroom Central