Jay Brietz, CPA and CIA
With more than 20 years of experience in finance and accounting, Jay focuses on providing assurance and consulting services to financial institutions and third-party processing organizations, including internal audits, risk management, information technology and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Jay also leads the firm’s SSAE 16 – Service Organization Controls Reporting practice.
Jay is a certified public accountant, internal auditor and CSF Practitioner. His experience includes serving as senior compliance manager for a global banking institution, a business advisory senior manager for an international CPA firm, a managing consultant for a large technology and process consulting firm and a financial statement auditor for a Big Four accounting firm.
Jay has written numerous articles on dealing with Sarbanes-Oxley, corporate governance and internal controls. He also was a principal contributor in COSO’s Guidance on Monitoring Internal Control Systems.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified CSF Practitioner
- M.S., Accounting, Appalachian State University
- B.A., Economics and Speech Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, Board Member, Charlotte Chapter
- Institute of Internal Auditors, member and formerly served on the Board of Governors, Charlotte Chapter
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Mortgage Bankers Association, Leadership Certification
Civic and Community Activities
- Leadership Charlotte, Class of XXV
- Charlotte Trolley, Inc., Treasurer
- Charlotte Sportsman’s Club, Treasurer
- Cub Scouts – Pack 3, Cubmaster and past committee chair