Eric D. Pitts, CPA
As the leader of the Private Equity Practice, Eric is responsible for leading and coordinating the firm’s multiple service lines to provide private equity clients and their related portfolio companies a full range of services to meet their needs. With more than 17 years of experience, Eric focuses on providing clients with corporate strategy, finance, transaction and audit services.
Eric has spent the past nine years with Elliott Davis Decosimo serving private equity groups by providing transaction advisory and assurance services. Eric works within the firm’s transaction services group by providing financial due diligence, primarily focusing on buy-side and sell-side assistance, to private equity funds and mezzanine funds. Eric also works with private equity groups and their portfolio companies on post-closing issues by providing assurance related services. He has served as the primary contact for clients, prepared financial statements, provided assistance with quarterly reviews and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and conducted meetings with owners and Boards of Directors. Prior to joining Elliott Davis, Eric was with a Big Four firm for seven years where he held a managerial position, and then served as the Director of Finance at the BI-LO Center for two years.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant (SC License #5675)
- B.S., Business Administration (Accounting), cum laude, Clemson University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth
Civic and Community Activities
- Leadership Greenville, Class 37
- Finance and Tennis Committee Member, Thornblade Club
- Participant, Opportunity Greenville, 2006
- Former Board Member, Main Street Events, Inc.
- Former Board Member, Greenville Arena District