Cy Burgess, CPA
Cy focuses on audits of a variety of entities, including multinational and multi-state operations as well as real estate developers, investment funds and property managers. With more than 28 years of experience, he has served closely held companies, financial services companies, real estate developers and partnerships, as well as manufacturers. Cy is currently lead shareholder on numerous real estate engagements. Prior to joining Elliott Davis Decosimo, he worked for two international accounting firms, as well as for a national real estate company.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant (SC License #3198)
- B.S., Accounting, University of South Carolina
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Urban Land Institute
Civic and Community Activities
- Board Member and Finance Committee Member, Upcountry History Museum
- Finance Committee Member, Center for Developmental Services
- Former Loaned Executive, United Way
- Former Chair, Underwriting Prosperity for Low-Income Families, Inc.