Cole Powell, CPA, CGMA, FHFMA
Cole has more than 30 years of experience providing assurance, transaction and financial consulting services. His clients include public, privately-held and not-for-profit hospitals, long-term care companies, hospices, home health agencies, psychiatric providers, physician organizations and healthcare management companies with annual revenues ranging from $5 million to over $2 billion.
Cole has spent the past 12 years with Elliott Davis Decosimo serving private equity groups and their portfolio companies by providing transaction advisory, valuation consulting, and assurance services. Cole has overseen or provided financial due diligence services in more than 100 buy-side and sell-side transactions throughout the country and in Puerto Rico. As a professional service provider, he strives to add value in the form of best practice processes and procedures, specialized industry analysis and recommendations, timely communications and team accountability.
Cole also works with private equity groups and their portfolio companies on post- closing issues by providing assurance related services. He has served as the primary contact for clients; audited, reviewed and prepared financial statements; performed agreed upon procedures; conducted feasibility studies, forecasts and projections; and facilitated meetings with management, investors and Boards of Directors.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Fellow Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- B.S., Business Administration, Auburn University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Public Accountants
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
Civic and Community Activities
- Treasurer, Finance Committee Chairman, Board Member, Greater
Chattanooga Public Television Corporation