Christopher R. Purvis, CPA
Chris has more than a decade of experience providing audit and consulting services for financial institutions. Prior to joining Elliott Davis Decosimo in 2009, Chris was employed as the Controller of American Founders Bank, a mid-sized community bank headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. Chris' prior experience in public accounting was with BKD, LLP in Louisville, Kentucky and Dean, Dorton & Ford PSC in Lexington, Kentucky.
Chris' primary focus in public accounting has been in providing services for financial institutions; including external audit, internal audit, regulatory compliance, Bank Secrecy Act reviews, external loan reviews, and other consulting services. His client base has included both public and privately owned financial institutions ranging in size from $80 million to over $5 billion in total assets. Chris also has assisted clients with mergers and acquisitions, branch purchases and sales, and capital raises.
Chris also serves as the Leader of the Internal Audit and Compliance practice within the Financial Services Group, as well as the Leader of the Audit & Assurance Practice for the Charlotte office.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- B.S., Accounting, University of Kentucky
- B.B.A., Finance, University of Kentucky
- General School of Banking, Kentucky Bankers Association
- Regulatory Compliance School, North Carolina Bankers Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Virginia Association of Community Banks
Civic and Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Charlotte Steeplechase Association/Charlotte Queen’s Cup
- Accounting Advisory Board, University of North Carolina at Charlotte