Brent McDade, ASA, CVA, MAFF
*Not a Certified Public Accountant
With more than 20 years of experience in the fields of business valuation and economic damages, Brent provides corporate valuation, litigation support and investment banking services to companies in a variety of industries. His experience includes valuation services related to buy-sell agreements, employee stock ownership plans, estate and gift tax matters, fairness opinions, financial statement reporting, marital dissolutions, mergers and acquisitions and shareholder disputes. Brent specializes in the appraisal of equity securities, debt instruments and derivatives. He also serves as an expert witness in disputes regarding business valuation and economic damages in state and federal courts.
Brent is a noted presenter and speaker on the subjects of business valuation and economic damages. His speaking credits include presentations before the Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA), the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He assisted in the technical review of the AICPA’s Introduction to Business Valuation course, and he has served on the Valuation Forum Committee for the annual NACVA/IBA national business valuation conference.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics
- Securities licenses Series 7, 63, and 79
- B.A., cum laude, Economics, Vanderbilt University
- American Society of Appraisers
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
Civic and Community Activities
- Board Member, Estate Planning Council of Chattanooga