Bonnie Bastow, CIA, CISA, CISM
*Not a Certified Public Accountant
Bonnie has over 20 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Operations, and Information Systems. Her main focus is providing IT related assurance, consulting, advisory, compliance, and security services. She has executed SOC1 and SOC2 engagements, FFEIC engagements, developed custom audit work-programs, and conducted several system implementation audits and reviews. Bonnie’s ERP experience includes: SAP, Oracle, Lawson, Dynamics GP, JD Edwards, UltiPro, and PeopleSoft (Financials & HRMS) – operating systems: Unix/Linux, iSeries (AS/400), Windows Server and mainframe – and databases; Oracle, SQL, and DB2. Bonnie has worked with various frameworks including: COBIT, FFIEC, and COSO.
Prior to joining Elliott Davis Decosimo, she held positions as CFO, Controller, Corporate Auditor, and IT Director in manufacturing and distribution firms. She has an extensive IT services background in system selections, system implementation, business process reviews, technical writing, and project management. As an IT Risk professional she has previously worked primarily with a leading national firm.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- MBA, Finance, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A., Business & Accounting, Alma College, Alma, Michigan
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Charlotte and Raleigh NC Chapters
- Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) Triad Chapter (Greensboro - Winston-Salem, NC)
- Rotary Club, Gate City Rotary, Past Board Member